Re: [thredds] Help with GRIB encoding - what is "reference time of data" ??

Hi John-

On 11/26/13 8:51 AM, John Caron wrote:

Im not sure if these are miscoded or not. What do you think the
difference is between "Analysis" and "Start of Forecast" ?

It would be helpful to know what those 13 are to know if they are
miscoded.  I would imagine that a reanalysis grid might use analysis, or
perhaps the RTMA, but for either of those, I would expect there to be
more in your collection.

what do you think the difference would be and would it actually matter?

They are not really forecasts, but analyses created by forecast models (perhaps). It might matter for how you do aggregations/collections. But, I would agree with Dan Swank that if it's 0 or 1, you could refer to it as run time. Any thing else is a "reference time". ;-)

i just added significanceOfReference in v4.4.0, which im hoping to
release today. So once i do that you can give it a try.

Sounds good.

Don
--
Don Murray