[thredds] How to build THREDDS on Mac OS X Mavericks

Hi, all!

  I recently upgraded my old Mac OS X Lion to Mavericks and I found
out that I could not build THRDDS from github source with the simple
'mvm install'. I'd like to share my story of building THREDDS
successfully on Mac OS X Mavericks.

  1) Install mvn manually. Mac OS X Mavericks doesn't have mvn by default.
  2) Have enough heap space during the build by specifying '%setenv
MAVEN_OPTS -Xmx1024m'. Otherwise, default Java 7 on Mavericks will
throw 'out of heap space' error during the NetCDF module compilation.

  Hope this helps,

--
HDF: Software that Powers Science