Re: [thredds] CFRadial Radar Format

Hi MNETO,

On 7/10/2013 4:36 PM, MNETO (gmail) wrote:
Anybody would know to talk me if there is some project to work with data in CFRadial (http://www.ral.ucar.edu/projects/titan/docs/radial_formats/)?

The thredds can read the radar data in this format, but it's can't work to WMS protocol (visualization).

As Lansing mentioned, there are packages that can display the CFRadial data.

If you are interested in WMS in particular ...
Currently, the WMS implementation used in the TDS (ncWMS) only supports gridded data. There has been some discussion in the ncWMS group about adding support for some of the CF 1.6 Discrete Sampling Geometry data types (e.g., point, station, profile) but I'm not sure were that stands. I have not heard any discussion about support for CFRadial but it seems like an interesting addition. I'm CCing the ncWMS list so they can respond as well.

Cheers,

Ethan