Re: [thredds] aggregating GFS data, problem with accumulated

Hi Hein:

What you are seeing is the limitations of aggregations. In this case, there are
3 different time coordinates in the collection, but NcML aggregation can only
aggregate on one of them.

You want to use feature collections instead. Replace your entire <dataset>
element with something like:

      <featureCollection name="myCollectionName" featureType="GRIB"
path="grib/NCEP/GFS/etc">

        <collection
spec="/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2013060600/gfs\.t00z\.pgrb2f..$"
                    dateFormatMark="#prod/gfs.#yyyyMMddHH"  />

      </featureCollection>

you have to get the regexp right to pick out the files you need (rather than
just enumerate them as in ncml):

  spec="/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2013060600/gfs\.t00z\.pgrb2f..$

means all the files starting with
"/pub/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/gfs.2013060600/gfs.t00z.pgrb2f"

and then the last two chars can be anything "..$"

Usually need to get a $ terminator in order to exclude the gbx9 and ncx index
files.

See

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/reference/collections/FeatureCollections.html

for more details.