Re: [thredds] [opendap-tech] A request for server developers

Hi all,

Regarding the CORS issue - as far as I know, Roberto is right and there is no
issue for the server in enabling this.  I considered the same question for our
ncWMS server software, although I haven't looked into it in detail.  My
tentative conclusion is that this is a matter for deployers not developers.
CORS can be enabled using a servlet filter that is installed separately from
THREDDS (e.g. [1]), so data providers can make a decision whether or not to
enable this, and software providers don't have to make the decision for them.

Just my thoughts.  It would of course be possible to bundle such a filter with
THREDDS but if so, my inclination would be to turn it off by default and
publish a document about the implications of turning it on (i.e. a document
written by someone who knows more about this than I do!)

Cheers,
Jon

[1] http://software.dzhuvinov.com/cors-filter-installation.html