[thredds] Godiva2 Viewer

Greetings!

I have a TDS v4.3 set up with gribcollection primarily to serve data via opendap. I'm tinkering tinkering with the WMS and associated Godiva2 viewer.

Unfortunately, when I try to view a product with godiva, I get an 'Invalid JSON returned from server'.

 Additionally it kills my entire tomcat server.

I have a couple of suspicions:

1) The longitude of the grib data goes from 0-359. I noticed the netCDF subset service map struggling with this as a default. (I'd like to know how to address this as well at some point, but I digress).

2) We set up a tomcat connector to pass the requests through our apache http server to the tomcat server (to eliminate the need to add the port number to the url). The godiva request URL has the port number in it. Would that be an issue?

3) I created a custom filter for the installed TDS. When the filter is enabled, I get the 'Invalid JSON' error. When the filter is disabled, I get an 'error getting data from server' . In both cases my tomcat server is killed once I click on one of the products from the GRIB file.

For our immediate use, these services (WMS & Godiva2 browser) are not needed for our use, but I could easily imagine it being useful for a number of reasons in the not too distant future.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-kevin.

--