Re: [thredds] Error in getting time series ASCII from ncml aggregation

  • To: Nathan Potter <ndp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Error in getting time series ASCII from ncml aggregation
  • From: "Kenneth S. Casey - NOAA Federal" <kenneth.casey@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:32:19 -0400
Nathan - the underlying data files are on both our TDS and our OPeNDAP Hyrax
server… the aggregation NCML currently points explicitly to the Hyrax service
endpoints.

Thanks to Bob Simmons, we see that at least one specific file in the
aggregation is failing. We determined that it is because a version 2 of the
file replaced the version 2 pointed to by the aggregation.  The newer file has
a "v02" in the file name instead of the "v01"… there may be more failures but
suspect this is at the root of our problem… simply failing to ensure that our
aggregation NCMLs are always pointing to the most up-to-date files and file
names.

This failure explains why the data requests fail sometimes and not others… if
your requested time period doesn't include the updated files it works… if it
does then the request fails.

Ken