Re: [thredds] [Ncwms-users] Release of ncWMS 1.0 (full release)

I installed TDS 4.3.15 and noticed a slight change in my WMS mapping
application. On my TDS 4.2.6 install, my mapping application used CRS and
VERSION=1.3.0, but when I upgraded to TDS 4.3.15 this broke (the maps were
squashed and in the wrong place). With a little help from Godiva2, I was able
to switch my code to use SRS and VERSION=1.1.1 and now everything is back to
working again. I don't know if this had to do with the newer ncWMS code, but I
thought it might be worth noting.

I mentioned it to the mailing list a while back, but it would be an absolute
blessing if ncWMS had the ability to set the color above or below the
COLORSCALERANGE. Right now grids outside the range are black, other than
aesthetics, its hard to distinguish between grids that are below the range
versus above the range. Being able to set the above max and below min color
would be brilliant (either as a REST argument or server side configuration per
color palette).

On Dec 11, 2012, at 2:03 PM, Marcos Hermida <mhermida@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Current tds 4.3 version (4.3.14) already is almost up to date with the ncWMS
> trunk, actually we have synchronized up to revision 957 (current is 972).
> Besides, we added some of the features from the asascience ncWMS version: new
> vector styles and interval time support in the wms capabilities documents.
> We are currently working in getting everything up to date with the ncWMS-1.0
> for our next release, 4.3.15, and also we'll make our version of the ncWMS
> code available in an Unidata's github repository so people will be able to
> see the actual code that TDS work with (although the code is already
> available in our nexus server and gets downloaded with a maven build).
> Hopefully, when the ncWMS modular version is ready we'll just pull the code
> from the the ncWMS without keeping these intermediate branches.
>
> Cheers!
>

> On 12/06/2012 05:59 AM, Signell, Richard wrote:
>> Jon,
>> How does this version relate to the version of WMS included with the
>> Thredds Data Server 4.3 stable release announced earlier this week?
>> Are the development paths still closely linked, or are they diverging?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Rich
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Jon Blower <j.d.blower@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> The ncWMS team is pleased to announce (finally!) that we have released a
>>> full version 1.0, available from http://ncwms.sf.net.  This includes a
>>> number of bug fixes and tweaks since the previous release candidate
>>> (1.0RC3).  Everyone is encouraged to upgrade.
>>>
>>> (I'm aware that the documentation needs updating in places - this will be
>>> done as soon as we can.)
>>>
>>> Unfortunately we have not been able to include all recent feature requests,
>>> mainly because we have had to focus efforts on the needs of specific
>>> projects.  However, we have been working on many things recently and will
>>> gradually fold these innovations back to the main line of development.
>>> Future releases will include:
>>>
>>> 1. Support for more sophisticated styling mechanisms, giving greater
>>> control over colour palettes and vector styles, plus new styles including
>>> contours.
>>> 2. Support for non-gridded data types (e.g. in situ observations, "point"
>>> data).