Re: [thredds] thredds wms vector layer styles extension..

Hi Ivan,

in the thredds source the ncwms components are already compiled however if you download the code and do a maven build the ncwms.jar you'll get in your thredds.war file will be pulled from our nexus repository: https://artifacts.unidata.ucar.edu/content/repositories/unidata-3rdparty/uk/ac/rdg/resc/ncwms/1.0.tds.4.3.20121211.1130/
and there you can also find the sources.
In that code we also added the vector classes that are used in the ncWMS-asascience version: https://github.com/asascience-open/ncWMS so the ncWMS code that is used by thredds merges this branch and the ncWMS-trunk branch. We've just created a new repository: https://github.com/Unidata/ncWMS where we'll push the ncWMS code that the thredds will be using on each version so people could easily find the code and work with it.

The classes that render the vectors are VectorFactory and BarbFactory and basically they first create a vector and then rotate it according with the angle but don't scale depending on the magnitude. So, I guess one way to do it could be applying also a scale transformation to the vectors using some scale factor depending on the magnitude.

Cheers!