Re: [thredds] how to run two THREDDS instances on the same machine?

Hi John,

Instead of renaming the webapps/thredds directory to (I assume)
webapps/thredds-test, try renaming the thredds.war file to
thredds-test.war and then deploying it.

Two other things:

1) Edit the web.xml file and change the value of the
   "ContentPath" context parameter in the web.xml file
   from "thredds" to "thredds-test".

2) Not sure this one is necessary. But you might also
   need to edit the tds.properties file in the
   webapps/thredds-test/WEB-INF/classes/thredds/server
   directory. Change the value of tds.content.path from
   "thredds" to "thredds-test".

Give that a try and let us know how it goes.

Ethan

PS At some point soon, these two requirements should go away and simply
renaming the .war file will work. Here's some more detail ...

These two requirements come from a kludgy work around we put in for some
older servlet limitations (pre-servlet 2.5). TDS 4.3 requires Tomcat 6
(which implements the Servlet 2.5 specification) so we can now get rid
of these requirements. But this change isn't in 4.3 yet and won't be in
4.3.14. I'm hoping we'll get it in to 4.3.15.