De : thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thredds-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
De la part de Ethan Davis
Envoyé : Tuesday, 25 September 2012 3:23 PM
À : thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [thredds] error on installation for thredds WMS: Property
'abstract' not found on type thredds.server.wms.ThreddsServerConfig

Hi Ivan,

My guess is that TDS 4.2.8 was not completely undeployed and that there are
still some compiled JSP pages from version 4.2.8 in the Tomcat working
directories.

To avoid any conflicts between versions, when we upgrade the TDS we always use
the Tomcat manager app to undeploy and then deploy. The web interface to the
manager app is usually available at

http://server:port/manager/html/

Actually, to avoid the PermGen memory error mentioned here

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/tutorial/BasicTomcatAndTDSSecurity.html

here are the steps we follow:

1) Use the Tomcat manager to undeploy the TDS
2) Shutdown Tomcat
3) Clean up any log files
4) Startup Tomcat
5) Use the Tomcat manager to deploy the new TDS

Hope that helps,

Ethan

On 9/25/2012 2:03 AM, Ivan Price wrote:
> more digging :
>

> diff           4.2.8/server/wms/ThreddsServerConfig.java
>                 4.2.10/server/wms/ThreddsServerConfig.java
>
> 164c164
>
> <     public String getAbstract() {
>
> ---
>
>>     public String getServerAbstract() {
>

> $ diff               4.2.8/server/wms/ThreddsVectorLayer.java
>                 4.2.10/server/wms/ThreddsVectorLayer.java
>
> 98,99c98,99
>
> <     public String getAbstract() {
>
> <         return this.wrappedLayer.getAbstract();
>
> ---
>
>>     public String getLayerAbstract() {
>
>>         return this.wrappedLayer.getLayerAbstract();
>
> $
>

> does that mean anything to anyone regarding what might have changed ?
>

> -i

Ethan Davis                                       UCAR Unidata Program
edavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    http://www.unidata.ucar.edu