Re: [thredds] wget and thredds server

On 5/13/2012 1:16 AM, Ethan Davis wrote:
Hi Patrick,

What is the version of the TDS with which you are trying to synch? The
TDS has supported lastModified for quite some time, so it would have to
be a pretty old version to not support it. But that's the first thing
that comes to mind.

You could also try looking at the HTTP "Last-Modified" response headers
you are getting back. You can do this with the wget "--save-headers"
option. Or, in Firefox, by using a plugin like Live HTTP Headers.

John, any chance the file caching in the TDS could be masking a change
to the last modified timestamp?

Last-Modified works correctly.

We set Content-Length correctly, but Tomcat removes it when it compresses, since its wrong. I assume thats the problem. The headers of a typical request look like:

Request Headers =

  Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
  Host: localhost:8080

Status = 200 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Status Line = HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Response Headers =
  Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
  Last-Modified: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 06:00:00 GMT
  Accept-Ranges: bytes
  Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 20:52:12 GMT

I realize as I look at this that if wget doesnt do an Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate then compression is turned off, and the content-length should work. Can someone capture the request and see what the headers are?

John