Re: [thredds] Documentation tags for the catalog?

On 3/7/2012 9:43 AM, Nathan Potter wrote:

Greetings,

I have a user that wants to add<documentation>  tags to the top level of a
THREDDS catalog. Based on my reading of the THREDDS specification:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/catalog/v1.0.2/InvCatalogSpec.html

I believe that the catalog may not contain a documentation element at the top
level. The dataset element may contain a documentation element, but there can
be multiple datasets at the top level of a catalog so there is no obvious (at
least to me) way to universally identify which dataset metadata would be used
to describe the catalog collection.

Is that correct?

Any thoughts?

Nathan

= = =
Nathan Potter                        ndp at opendap.org
OPeNDAP, Inc.                        +1.541.231.3317