Re: [thredds] WMS and F-TDS virtual datasets [was: Re: aggregation / arithmetic between variables]

Roland,

> for your case, maybe the best that can be done is "F-TDS" or similar ??

Yeah, I think calling your fileType "F-TDS" would be fine.  In this case the
WMS will "assume the worst" (i.e. that the data are compressed or remote) and
use the bounding-box algorithm, which reads all the required data in a single
operation.  This means that, in the worst case, it will read far more data than
it needs to build an image, but it minimizes the overhead of data reading.

HTH,
Jon

Message: 5