Re: [thredds] Aggregation of virtual datasets

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 3:28 PM, Rich Signell <rsignell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This case can be handled in NcML by adding timeUnitsChange="true" to
> the aggregation specification:
>
> <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinExisting" timeUnitsChange="true">

That is good to know -- though the issue I was talking about was a change in
units in the bounds variable as well as the coordinate variable -- I have
seen cases (not TDS) which got the dimension right, but not the bounds
variable.  Not clear to a novice from the NcML syntax that it applies to the
bounds variable as well as the dimension variable, since the bounds variable
is not called time, it is called time_bounds (or whatever).

Benno
--
Dr. M. Benno Blumenthal          benno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
International Research Institute for climate and society