Re: [thredds] aggregation caching: cache cleared when Tomcat restarted?

On 12/16/2010 12:58 PM, John Maurer, IV wrote:
Hi John,
Some of my aggregations are updated with a new file daily but others are more permanent. Because of the daily updates, I need to keep my scour set to every 24 hours. However, the dataset that is more permanent (our tide model, which has forecasts out through the end of 2011) is the one causing me the recurring slowness. Even though the files in that dataset have not been updated since late November nor have any new files been created, it is still taking several minutes to access the OPeNDAP URL on what seems to be a daily basis, though I'm still trying to tease out what the pattern is. The file for that dataset gets re-written in the content/thredds/cache/agg folder when this happens. It'll be fine for a day, but then by the next day it's usually slow again on first access (~5 minutes to access the OPeNDAP page). It would appear that the scour is happening regardless of my 30-day maxAge setting? Don't know what else I can send you to help troubleshoot; lemme know... In case it helps, here are the datasets that are causing me this problem:

    *
http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/idd/tide_mod.html?dataset=tide_elev_mhi
    *
http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/idd/tide_mod.html?dataset=tide_velo_mhi
    * http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/idd/tide_mod.html?dataset=tide_elev_bi
    * http://oos.soest.hawaii.edu/thredds/idd/tide_mod.html?dataset=tide_velo_bi

Thanks,
John Maurer

Hi John:

An aggregation that updates daily should never get scoured. The scour is really about keeping the cache directories from filling up with old stuff.

Send me the following:

1) thredds/content/logs/cache.log
2) thredds/content/cache/agg/*
3) the config catalog that contains tide_mod.xml