[thredds] remove dimension with ncml?

 Dear THREDDS Users,

I do not manage to remove a dimension with NcML. I want to remove the dimension called ensemble from a variable thetao, which has 5 dimensions: time, ensemble, level, lat, lon, because Ferret (and LAS) can only read in 4 dimensional variables. Maybe you can see a mistake in my code?

<dataset name="test" ID="test" urlPath="test">
<metadata inherited="true">
<serviceName>odap</serviceName>
<dataType>Grid</dataType>
</metadata>
<netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2"; location="http://...";>
<remove name="ensemble" type="dimension" />
</netcdf>
</dataset>

Or is it not possible to remove a dimension? I found this possibility in the NcML-2.2 Schema, but I did not find any examples for removing dimensions. I should also mention, that I access the File via OPeNDAP in the location attribute of the netcdf-tag, but this should be no problem, because I managed to remove variables in the same way (<remove name="level" type="variable">).

Thank you very much!
Regards,
Remon