Re: [thredds] Problems with wms-getCapabilities in thredds4.2 snapshot

Hi Heiko, Jon,

The thredds.war file on the FTP site contains
/WEB-INF/jsp/wms/capabilities_xml.jsp. So I'm wondering if this error
message was caused by an old version of the compiled JSP page getting in
the way of the new version.

> Aug 20, 2010 2:12:00 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher invoke
> SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
> org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.wms.capabilities_005fxml_jsp
>       at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

Heiko, could you take a look at the compiled JPS, probably in
TOMCAT_HOME/work/Catalina/localhost/thredds/org/apache/jsp/WEB_002dINF/jsp/wms/,
and see if it is newer than your 4.2 install?

Did you do a full undeploy of any old TDS installs before deploying the
new TDS 4.2? I'm not actually sure that a full undeploy removes the
working directory (work/Catalina/localhost/thredds). But most
unexplained class not found kinds of problems I've seen seem to clear up
when any old version is undeployed before deploying the new version.

Also, are you running Tomcat 6.0? Tomcat 7.0 is in beta but I understand
it has changed the way it does some of the things that in 6.0 were
stored in the working directories.

Ethan