[thredds] FMRC aggregations with two dates in the filename

Hi,

In the MyOcean project, we use a convention in which the name of a data
file contains the start and end validity times of the data contained
within, e.g.

ice_drift_polstereo_wsm_envisat_north_20100601013759-20100602010520.nc

Am I correct in thinking that FMRC aggregations use the date
specification in the filename to calculate the run time of each file,
then use the file contents to get the offsets from that run time?  If
so, how can I construct a <collection spec> that will extract the run
time from a filename with two date/times?

Alternatively, is it possible for an FMRC aggregation to get the run
time by some other means, e.g. from the first date/time in the file?

Thanks, Jon

--
Dr Jon Blower
Technical Director, Reading e-Science Centre