Re: [thredds] Time Accumulation Max

Hi Kevin,

> 1) TDS cannot perform any type of algorithmic functions. Is there any
> capability built into TDS that can call algorithms that are packaged in
> a separate Java jar package on the same server running TDS (i.e. from
> within the tomcat server)?

Out of the box, the TDS has no such capabilities.

> 2) TDS cannot do on-the-fly aggregations.  I have to pre-specify a time
> aggregation in a catalog, for example.  I couldn't have a user come in
> through a web browser and specify "Give me a netCDF subset for bounds
> L,M,N,O and for all data available from 0017-0934 UTC" and then have TDS
> compile those data on demand, correct?

Aggregations must be configured before they can be used. However, the
data files behind the aggregation do not have to be static. If new data
files in the time series arrive, the TDS will add them to the
aggregation and serve the data without any reconfiguration or restarting
of the TDS.

Ethan

On 6/16/2010 7:06 AM, Kevin L. Manross wrote:

> John Caron wrote:
>> On 6/14/2010 1:52 PM, Kevin L. Manross wrote:
>>>
>>> Greetings (again)!
>>>
>>> In order to get a time accumulation of my grids (to create an areal
>>> "swath" like "Storm Total Precip", but with other fields) I see where
>>> I should use the aggregation "along" the time dimension for my
>>> grids.  However, if I want to take the maximum value of a grid point
>>> for all the times available, how would I go about doing this via