Re: [thredds] Data Ranges

Hi Kevin, Roy, all,

Just to add that the upcoming 4.2 release will contain much stronger WMS
support, including manual configuration of the default colour scale
range you feel is most appropriate for your data.

In the meantime, you can manually set the colour scale range to be used
on an individual GetMap request by using the URL parameter
&COLORSCALERANGE=<min>,<max>.  For a more complete description see
http://www.resc.rdg.ac.uk/trac/ncWMS/wiki/WmsExtensions.

Hope this helps,
Jon

What version of TDS are you using.  There was a bug that was identified
a bit ago that produced this behavior.  Check that you have the latest
version 0f 4.1.x.

-Roy M.

On Jun 14, 2010, at 10:47 AM, Kevin L. Manross wrote:

> Well I have tried playing around with setting my missing data values
and setting valid_min, valid_max values in my netCDF file, but I
continue to get only two colors no matter what palette I use for the WMS
capability.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to control the
colorscale for your data, I'd greatly appreciate any advice.

> Thanks!
>
> -kevin.
>

> Kevin L Manross wrote:
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I'm having some trouble creating color palettes for my datasets and
wanted to ask for some help

>> In our datasets, we have the following values:
>>
>> MissingData :: -99900
>> RangeFolded :: -99901
>> DataUnavailable :: -99903
>>
>> Since the majority of our gridpoints are filled with the above
values, any of the packages color palettes result in the min and max
values.

>> I have the MissingData, and Range folded  flag set in my netCDF file,
but I do not specify the DataUnavailable value (I will add this in the
global attributes for completeness shortly.)

>> The question I have is, how can I tell the TDS to ignore all data
values below a particular threshold?  Is this done in ncml, or
elsewhere?

>> I hope this makes sense, but feel free to ask questions if it does
not.

>> Thank you!
>>
>> -kevin.
>>

> --
> +-----------------------------------------------------+
> Kevin L. Manross           |  ** New Address **
> CIMMS Research Associate   |     120 David L. Boren Bvd
> NSSL : WRDD : SWAT         |     Rm 3923
> <kevin.manross@xxxxxxxx>   |     405.325.6385
> www.cimms.ou.edu/~kmanross |
> "My opinions are my own and not representative of
> CIMMS, NSSL, NOAA or any affiliates"

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst