Re: [thredds] unable to do ncml aggregation

Hi Upendra,

Are the data files accessible from foo.com through OPeNDAP? If so, try
using the OPeNDAP URLs in the NcML rather than the file server URLs.
With OPeNDAP, whether the source data file is compressed or not
shouldn't matter as that is all handled on the server.

When accessed through the file server, the client software is reading
the bytes from the compressed file over HTTP. When the netCDF-Java
library tries to open a non-OPeNDAP HTTP URL, it assumes the resource is
an uncompressed file (for efficiency and other reasons). When it tries
this on a compressed file, it doesn't recognize the first few bytes of
the file as the netCDF header and so fails to open the dataset.

Hope that helps,

Ethan