[thredds] 360 day year support? (fwd)

I may have sent this to the wrong address at first (support-thredds instead of just thredds):

Hi,

We have some ROMS model results that are based on a 360 day calendar year. Is there a way to specify this kind of year in THREDDS? We have a file every three days, 120 files per year. To complicate the issue the files don't have a time variable in them.

For now, in the xml file I have specified:

        <variable name="time" shape="time" type="float">
          <attribute name="units" value="hours since 1991-01-01 00:00 UTC"/>
          <values start="0.0" increment="73.0"/>
        </variable>

and it is working. To get this to work though I did have to add a dummy time variable in each data file.

I specified 73 hours for the increment to make up for the 5 day difference in calendar years.

Rich Signell seemed to think that maybe there was a provision for this sort of thing. If so, can you help me with it?

Thanks a lot,

Steve
 Steve Cousins - Supercomputer Engineer/Administrator - Univ of Maine
 Marine Sciences, 452 Aubert Hall       Target Tech, 20 Godfrey Drive
 Orono, ME 04469    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~     Orono, ME 04473
 (207) 581-4302     ~ cousins at umit.maine.edu ~      (207) 866-6552