Re: [thredds] Catalog Validation

Thanks Ethan! That's Exactly what I needed!

The validation output from my catalog contains 2 warnings (repeated numerous times):

** warning: non-standard data type = unknown
** warning: non-standard dataFormat type = unknown
**Warning: Dataset (data/nc/123.nc): is selectable but no data type declared in it or in a parent element **Warning: Dataset (data/nc/ 200803061600_HFRadar_USEGC_6km_rtv_SIO.nc): is selectable but no data type declared in it or in a parent element

The dataType and dataFormat types both use restricted vocabularies, but neither offer an option for "unknown". In our service the source dataFormat may not be known (it is simply a DAP type).

Is it better to omit these two metadata tags if their values are either not known or not on the list of accepted values?

What's the best practice here?