Re: [thredds] OPeNDAP access to data in ArcSDE/Geodatabase?

On Jan 15, 2010, at 1:14 PM, Rich Signell wrote:

James,

So your handler *ingests* WCS and serves as OPeNDAP?

Yes.

We have two pieces of code that involve WCS:

1. A WCS Handler for Hyrax that serves WCS data sources using the DAP (you use a DAP client to read data and those data just happen to be accessed not from an HDF5, HDF4, NetCDF, RDB, ..., but from some WCS server. In other words this handler treats WCS like another 'file format'. One thing that I have done that is probably a disservice is to use the word 'file' too often. Hyrax serves data, without much regard for where it comes from. A WCS server is just another place you can find data.

2. A WCS Interface for Hyrax that takes DAP data sources and serves them using the WCS protocol. With this, you talk to Hyrax using the WCS protocol. In its infancy.

James

-Rich