[thredds] olderThan with machines using different timezones

Hi all,

The machine that my TDS runs on is set to us UTC time but the file server where my source files are stored is set to eastern time. This implies that in order to have files newer than 2 minutes old ignored I would need to set olderThan to "4 hours 2 min". Or would that need to be "4.033 hours"?

However, judging by the fact that my test server is set to eastern time but still reports end times in correct UTC time makes me think that the server is aware of time zones and will adjust accordingly. Meaning that using olderThan="2 min" should produce desired results even if the server and data source machines are set to different time zones.

Can anyone confirm or deny this assumption?

Dave