Re: [thredds] Stats on usage of our TDS?

Hi Pauline,

On Oct 24, 2009, at 10:30 AM, Pauline Mak wrote:

Hi all,

I think the solution depends on what statistics you're after. We run TDS behind Apache, and then we standard apps like webalizer and awstats to parse the apache logs to aggregate usage stats. But then configuring these apps to get the numbers you want might be more work than it's worth...

I may not understand the details here so my comment here may be off base. The idea is not to look at processed logs, but to look at the base logs, the ones generated by Apache in your case I think. In the case of the Goddard group, they use one of the many web log analysis programs, but I think that they have added an interface to it to allow the data provider to retrieve the results in a fairly straightforward way.

Peter

I have a definite need to get traffic stats on datasets. One of our data providers (IMOS/eMII) is keen to get some numbers...

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Ted Habermann wrote:
Peter et al.,
I think John C. was correct that this could be done using the standard web logs. I suspect that a solution build on the standard logs, rather that extra logging built in to a server, would be most useful. I could not tell if that was what you were suggesting...
Ted