[thredds] OPENDAP dataset via a RESTFUL service

  • To: <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [thredds] OPENDAP dataset via a RESTFUL service
  • From: "David Crossman" <d.crossman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 06:12:51 -0000

Hi all,

I am trying to add a dataset to a thredds server by hitting a RESTFUL
service.

I have tried something like this
 <dataset name="URLOPENDAP" ID="urlDataset" urlPath="sst/URLOPENDAP">

      <serviceName>thisOPENDAP</serviceName>

   <netcdf
xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";
location="http://data.aims.gov.au/gbroosdata/services/netcdf/underway/75
9/temperature/2008-02-11T00:00:00/2008-02-13T00:00:00/1">
   </netcdf>

  </dataset>

If I change the location to a file on the server
http://data.aims.gov.au/jan.nc it works fine.

My guess is something with mime types?? I had a look on the mail list
postings and found that mime type should be x-netcdf or netcdf. I have
tried both of these in the service and still get the error

Error { code = 1; message = "Cant find sst/URLOPENDAP"; };

any help would be appreciated.

regards

Dave

The information contained in this communication is for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
information which is the subject of legal privilege and/or copyright.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender by return email and delete the transmission, together with any
attachments, from your system. Thank you.