Re: [thredds] TDS WMS returns blank images

Hi John,

Can I download a file from somewhere? I would like to take a look at the problem...

Cheers,

-Pauline.

John Maurer, IV wrote:
Aloha TDS Community,
When testing our TDS WMS results in various clients, I find that the images are always blank (all white) regardless of what variable or palette I've tried thus far. I've only been using the default palettes that come with TDS. My suspicion is that the TDS WMS is not configured by default to scale the data values of the variable from 0-255?, and that the default palettes are therefore inapplicable to my data as a result. For instance, if my variable has values ranging from -1.0 to +1.0, then a palette defining colors that expect values ranging 0-255 won't help.

If this is true, then I can define my own palette and specify this in threddsConfig.xml. But is there a way to set the palette on a dataset and/or variable basis?, or will this palette appear for all datasets served through my TDS?

Lastly, is there some way to tell the TDS WMS to scale the values to 0-255 in ogcMetaXML?, and can you specify what range of values to scale to 0-255 (i.e. leaving out a no-data value like -999, etc.)?

Mahalo!,
John
---
John Maurer
HiOOS Data System Administrator
School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
808.956.0227
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~jmaurer <http://www2.hawaii.edu/%7Ejmaurer>

Pauline Mak