Re: [thredds] Thoughts on the FRMC

Rich-

Rich Signell wrote:
Are their datasets that FMRC currently generates that are not useful?
(For example, we have never used anything other than the best time
series dataset, and we can't figure out how the "constant forecast
offset" and "constant forecast date" datasets might be useful)

I would like to be able to configure the FMRC to show only
a particular subset of the available options instead of getting
all of them.  For example, constant forecast offset and file
view, but not best time series and forecast date.  Right now
it's all or nothing.  We've opted for "nothing" in the IDV
catalogs because it's too confusing with all the FMRC entries.

Constant forecast offset is useful if you want
to display all the analyses (forecast 0) for continuous
model runs (e.g the past week).

Constant forecast date is useful for seeing the evolution of
the models for a particular forecast time.

Don
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm