[thredds] [Fwd: THREDDS Data Server version 4.0 alpha release]

Works great.   Only a few comments:

The WMS service emits more error messages if you try to feed it bad
arguments (ie. REQUEST=GetMap) vs. the WCS service.   The WCS service
silently fails by not emitting an error message or file.  Do something
bold like changing the version number from 1.0.0 to 9.0.0:

http://localhost:8080/thredds/wcs/testAll/2004050300_eta_211.nc?request=GetCoverage&version=9.0.0&service=WCS&format=GeoTIFF&coverage=Z_sfc&bbox=-134,11,-47,57

This causes a silent failure.  This makes for rough debugging of clients.

Changing the version in WMS from 1.3.0 to 4.3.0 causes a 404 error.

http://localhost:8080/thredds/wms/testAll/2004050300_eta_211.nc?service=WMS&version=4.3.0&request=GetCapabilities

This generates the desired error message:

http://localhost:8080/thredds/wms/testAll/2004050300_eta_211.nc?service=WMS&version=1.3.0&request=GetMap&layers=Z_sfc&crs=EPSG:4326&bbox=-135,19,-31,60&width=-50&height=400&styles=&format=image%2Fpng

<ServiceExceptionReport version="1.3.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ogc
http://schemas.opengis.net/wms/1.3.0/exceptions_1_3_0.xsd";>

<ServiceException>

        Parameter WIDTH must be a valid positive integer

</ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Can still get a map if you change the service name to something arbitrary:

http://localhost:8080/thredds/wms/testAll/2004050300_eta_211.nc?service=YES&version=1.3.0&request=GetMap&layers=Z_sfc&crs=EPSG:4326&bbox=-135,19,-31,60&width=600&height=400&styles=&format=image%2Fpng

Anyways- using a well behaving client, this is all moot.  Unfortunately,
there is much variation between clients and versions they support.

Rob