Re: [thredds] Authenticated datasets [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

<1234914686.11779.427.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I've managed to install THREDDS with Jetty, Apache and Shibboleth.  If
anyone is interested, I have some documentation here:

http://projects.arcs.org.au/trac/systems/wiki/DataServices/OPeNDAP-TDS-Installb

It's based on the federation.org.au, feel free to substitute with your
own.  Although, I'm not sure what the process are.

The Shibboleth section link down at the bottom :)

It was pretty frustrating finding documentation on what to do, so
hopefully this will help someone :)  Luckily I had a very helpful NZ
(and a local) colleague who had helped me through the setup!

Cheers,

-Pauline.

Fanel Donea wrote:
> Hi Pauline,
>
> Access to THREDDS can be restricted to owners
> of Shibboleth credentials in the same way this is done for
> any other servlet that does not provide authentication
> services of its own, i.e. relying on Apache httpd and Tomcat
> to indicate that a certain location is to be protected
> by Shibboleth authorisation. This works fine on
> our internal servers.
>
> Regards
> Fanel
>

> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 08:54 +1100, Pauline Mak wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have a requirement to have restricted datasets at our servers, but we
>> would like to use Shibboleth credentials, since it has a better fit with
>> our infrastructure.  Is anyone working on integrating Shibboleth with
>> THREDDS for restricted datasets?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -Pauline.
>>
> ---
> Dr. Fanel Donea
> Ocean Prediction Group - CAWCR
> Bureau of Meteorology
> Melbourne, Australia
> fdonea@xxxxxxxxxx
> --- Insult is the recognition of defeat. (N. Iorga)

Pauline Mak

ARCS
Ph: (03) 6226 7518
Email: pauline.mak@xxxxxxxxxxx