Re: [thredds] Authenticated datasets [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Pauline,

Access to THREDDS can be restricted to owners
of Shibboleth credentials in the same way this is done for
any other servlet that does not provide authentication
services of its own, i.e. relying on Apache httpd and Tomcat
to indicate that a certain location is to be protected
by Shibboleth authorisation. This works fine on
our internal servers.

Regards
Fanel

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 08:54 +1100, Pauline Mak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a requirement to have restricted datasets at our servers, but we
> would like to use Shibboleth credentials, since it has a better fit with
> our infrastructure.  Is anyone working on integrating Shibboleth with
> THREDDS for restricted datasets?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Pauline.

---
Dr. Fanel Donea
Ocean Prediction Group - CAWCR
Bureau of Meteorology
Melbourne, Australia
fdonea@xxxxxxxxxx
--- Insult is the recognition of defeat. (N. Iorga)