Re: [thredds] datasetFmrc question

Hi Michael:

Im unclear whether the documentation at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/FmrcAggregation.html

(in particular section 5) and the example catalog link at

 http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/mlodeExample.txt

were wrong, insufficient, or you didnt see them?

I do realize that our documentation is pretty spotty, so any specific issues
that you are stumbling on is very helpful to us.

We can make the motherlode catalogs available, in any case, as examples.

Godin, Michael wrote:
I see that the motherlode server in fact has opendap (and NetcdfSubset) servers behind it's forecast model run views... So is there any chance the server-side catalog.xml files from motherlode can be made public? I've been experimenting with catalog.xml versions for a few days, and simply can not get datasetFmrc to work correctly (neither can I get NetcdfSubset to give anything but a 404 error). In light of the observation that the examples in the documentation on the Thredds web site tend to leave out important details, making them almost impossible to use as templates, it would be incredibly useful to see examples of actual production xml.
I imagine there's a large number of potential thredds administrators who simply
get turned off because it's so hard to get a first implementation working, so
sharing production xml could go a long way towards promulgating thredds.

Regards,
Mike

Seems I've had had an extra bowl of Grumpy-Os this morning.