[thredds] Fwd: ArcGIS & Satellite data…

Apologies to anyone who gets this cross-posted....

Begin forwarded message:

From: Cara Wilson <Cara.Wilson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: May 13, 2008 8:52:36 AM PDT
Subject: ArcGIS & Satellite data…

Have you been frustrated trying to pull satellite data into ArcGIS?

It just got easier.

Introducing a new extension for ArcGIS that allows users to connect to THREDDS/OPeNDAP servers from within ArcGIS 9.2 and download environmental data directly into ArcGIS. This tool was developed for NOAA Fisheries by Applied Science Associates, Inc. (ASA), with funding from NOAA’s satellite R&O project.

There is also a standalone version of the EDC that provides the front-end capabilities of the EDC independent of ArcGIS. It provides a GUI to browse THREDDS catalogs or OPeNDAP directories, to subset the selected data in space and time, and to download the data as a netcdf file.

The Environmental Data Connector (EDC) is freely available at:

http://www.pfeg.noaa.gov/products/EDC

Although registration is not necessary to download the EDC, we encourage registration so that if updates are made in the future we can inform those using it. The registration form also allows a venue to leave comments about the EDC.

I hope you find this tool useful. Please forward this email to anyone you think might be interested it the EDC.

Thanks,

Cara WIlson

______________________________

Cara Wilson