Re: [thredds] TDS restricted data access and Firefox

Hi Egil:

TDS release 4.0 will remove the circular redirect. We hope to have a stable release by this summer. Thanks for reporting the problem.

John

Egil Støren wrote:
Dear THREDDS developer community,

The implementation of restricted access to selected datasets in TDS is relying on circular redirect which generates an error message when using a Firefox web server as client. Although this obstacle is easily overcome by just pushing a "Try again" button on the error message window, not all users will do this, and it is anyway annoying to meet this window.

This feature/bug is described in http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/reference/RestrictedAccess.html. According to this document, there are no workaround *yet*. Are there any plans to release a version of TDS where this issue is solved?

If we can expect such a release within a reasonable time, we can live with the situation until then. Otherwise we have to find some solution by other means, as we think many of our clients are using Firefox.

Best regards,

    Egil Støren
    The Norwegian Meteorological Institute