Re: ldm-thredds.. Metar station problem...

Just to be clear - we can read the file from local disk and it
is relatively quick.  You can bin and spatially subset the data as well.
We are working with the TDS developers to implement these features
in the remote access protocol.

Don

John Caron wrote:
Hi Rodrigo:

I checked with the IDV developers. Currently IDV is not able to read in station data such as Surface_METAR_20070410_0000.nc. We are working with them to make sure this happens ASAP. If you are reading ok in ToolsUI, you probably have done everything right on the TDS.

John. Rodrigo Sanchez wrote:
Hi,

Recently I have installed thredds to serve some data
from our ldm site... I have used the config files:

pqact.thredds
pqact.threddsconduit

recommended on thredds home page

on my ldm data directory /data/ldm..  etc, I have a
pub directory and below that, "decoded" and "native"
directories... I did a catalog follow the example in

tomcat/content/thredds/
and
tomcat/content/thredds/idd

today I was trying to use idv to see the catalog and
everything works great.. but surface data (Metar stations)
doesn't work ..  (message from IDV when I click over a
"*.nc" file .. for Example: Surface_METAR_20070410_0000.nc
under decoded/netcdf/surface/metar

-----
There was an error loading the data:
No factory for dataType: OPENDAP.Station
-----

and, when I click over "latest.xml" (on IDV)

--------
An error has occurred:
Creating obs
http://machine:8080/thredds/ldm/station/metar/Surface_METAR_20070410_0000.nc
 HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
--------

I'm a little bit confused about that... Idv can't load the data,
but when I use a browser, the same file works ok..

http://machine:8080/thredds/dodsC/station/metar/Surface_METAR_20070410_0000.nc.html

the netcdf 2.2 tools UI works ok too:
dods://machine:8080/thredds/dodsC/station/metar/Surface_METAR_20070410_0000.nc

so... it is a thredds, idv or configuration stuff ?

thanks in advance

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/donm