*From: * Daniel Holloway <d.holloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:d.holloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date: * July 14, 2006 11:13:02 AM EDT
*To: * Steve Hankin <Steven.C.Hankin@xxxxxxxx <mailto:Steven.C.Hankin@xxxxxxxx>> *Cc: * Ansley Manke <Ansley.B.Manke@xxxxxxxx <mailto:Ansley.B.Manke@xxxxxxxx>>, Jing Y Li <Jing.Y.Li@xxxxxxxx <mailto:Jing.Y.Li@xxxxxxxx>>
*Subject: * *Re: Pathfinder AVHRR aggregation -- monotonic time axis*

On Jul 13, 2006, at 7:11 PM, Steve Hankin wrote:

Hi Dan,

It turns out that the time axis has a repeated value in it Look at the coordinates with the OPeNDAP HTML (browser) interface I get

4760:1:4770

    Dataset { Float32 time[time = 11]; }
    Pathfinder/NorthwestAtlantic/nwAtlantic1KmRaw.nc;
    --------------------------------------------- time[11] 173694.38,
    173696.11, 173705.8, *173707.5, 173707.5*, 173718.22, 173719.92,
    173729.62, 173731.33, 173742.05, 173743.75

Is this a valid repeating of time points that we should learn to deal with in our software? Or a probelm in the aggregation? (There may be other repeated values. Ferret only reports the first one.)

Steve,

I've looked at the actual THREDDS xml describing the aggregation, here are the values of the 'time' coordinate around that point:
-------------

   173705.801944444    http:..../i89198174807.hdf
   173707.495555556    http:..../i89298192944.hdf
   173707.503333333    http:..../i89298193012.hdf
   173718.215  http:.../i89299061254.hdf

So, the aggregations have a greater resolution than you're showing. The problem is either in the server truncating these values or on the client side. I'll double-check the server and get back to you.

   Dan

    - steve

(sorry for the trouble ...)

--