RE: Anyone with successful aggregation?

I am using THREDDS 3.6, and like Bjørge Solli, I have been trying out the
example aggregation code.  When I initialize the catalog, I get no errors or
warning in the catalog error file (with addition of dataType="Grid" to the
dataset element).

I am then able to select the "WEST-CONUS_4km Aggregation" dataset.  However,
when I select the Access: OPENDAP link, I get the error:

Error { code = 1; message = "No data root for
dodsC/satellite/3.9/WEST-CONUS_4km"; };

In one of many attempted workarounds, I tried putting the ncml into its own
file so I could access it through an <access> element.  However, it appears
that the <access> element ignores the dataFomat="NcML" attribute and tries to
open the ncml as a netcdf and throws an error.

If anyone has an example xml that uses netcdf aggregation elements please let
me know... I really need this to work!

BTW, my xml is:

<catalog xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0";
         xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
         name="THREDDS-IDD OPeNDAP Data Server"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/thredds/InvCatalog/v1.0
         http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/schemas/thredds/InvCatalog.1.0.1.xsd";
         version="1.0.1">
 <service name="ncdods" serviceType="OPENDAP" base="/thredds/dodsC/" />
 <dataset name="WEST-CONUS_4km Aggregation"
ID="SSEC/IDD-Satellite/3.9/WEST-CONUS_4km-Agg"
urlPath="satellite/3.9/WEST-CONUS_4km" dataType="Grid">
  <serviceName>ncdods</serviceName>
  <netcdf xmlns="http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/namespaces/netcdf/ncml-2.2";>
   <aggregation dimName="time" type="joinNew">
     <variableAgg name="IR" />
     <scan dateFormatMark="WEST-CONUS_4km_3.9_#yyyyMMdd_HHmm"
location="/data/ldm/pub/native/satellite/3.9/WEST-CONUS_4km/" suffix=".gini" />
   </aggregation>
  </netcdf>
 </dataset>
</catalog>