Re: [Fwd: Re: display of metadata html]

Carl Wolfteich wrote:
Hi John,

The version you debugged has been working well for me as I am building this catalog at http://dodsdev.gso.uri.edu:8080/thredds/. I met with Peter Cornillon the other day about this and he wanted to know if there was some way that a link to the CatalogRef could be present in the html of the top-level dataset. For example, take the first dataset on the catalog list: SSM/I Pathfinder Ocean Wind Speed, Level 2. With this link, I get the information on the dataset which includes metadata and some links to Documentation and the GCMD. Is it possible to have a link to the CatalogRef in here that is generated with this html? I could add it manually I suppose as I did with the Documentation and GCMD links, but I seem to remember this link being present in other earlier versions. Is this something that would be straightforward to add?

Im wondering what you want to do from the link? just for navigation, like a
"back" button or for some other reason ?

Also, if you go to the link for the CatalogRef of that first dataset, it gives a list of the individual data granules. These are all html links to the information pages that you made possible before. At the granule level, would it also be possible to have a link back up to the html page of the "parent" dataset? So that once someone is at the granule level, it would be a simple link back up to the parent html to get more information if needed?

im confused how this is different from the one above.

Thanks for your continued help on this. Will be interested to know what you think of these kinds of changes.

you're welcome

Carl

John Caron wrote:

Carl Wolfteich wrote:

John,
Yes, there is an html display down to the granule level from the catref. Thanks for spending the time on this, I appreciate it. One question I have is that I notice the html display for DODS or OPeNDAP access is the DODS access form link. I know in the version (2) I was using before, the html displayed a link for the dds, das, html and info for each data file with the relevant DODS serviceType. In the updated version, has this kind of format just been done away with and changed to just the single link to the access form? Or am I just leaving out something in the xml now that prevents that information from being displayed in the html? Previously, in version 2, it would have been displayed here:

http://dodsdev:8080/thredds/catalogServices?catalog=http://dodsdev.gso.uri.edu:8080/thredds/cataloggen/catalogs/JPL054.xml

If its been changed now with this version, thats fine, I just wanted to make sure I am not leaving out something in the xml file that would otherwise display it.
Thanks, appreciate the help.

Carl

yes, it now just points to the .html DODS interface on the server. so you doing everything as correctly as possible.

thanks for helping me debug!