Quering datasets

Hi all,

I am a new user and have studied Thredds in order to build an infrastructure for registered several opendap servers, distributed among differents sites, in catalog. Once they are registered, I want to query which servers have data on a certain range longitude/latitude for the temperature variable, for example. This is possible?

Firsly, my plan is register all interesting opedanp server. Next, I could submitt queries (through DQC) as which servers (or datasets) has data on a certain range longitude/latitude for the temperature variable. The meta-attributes are automatically extracted from das/dds or I have to define them?

Thanks,

David