Re: text versions for using the NSDL Communication Portal

  • To: Ben Domenico
  • Subject: Re: text versions for using the NSDL Communication Portal
  • From: owner-thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 09:42:46 -0500
I just tried using office XP to translate to html; but they're a little
slow loading.

http://thredds.comm.nsdlib.org/documentation/Getting%20Started%20with%20
the%20THREDDS%20Wiki.htm

http://thredds.comm.nsdlib.org/documentation/How%20to%20Submit%20a%20doc
ument%20to%20the%20THREDDS%20Workspace.htm

I agree html is more universal.  Since we're trying to promote the use
of the Wiki for collaboration which uses html, I should have made them
both in the Wiki to begin with.  Here's the first one as a Wiki page:

http://thredds.comm.nsdlib.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GettingStartedwiththeTHRE
DDSWiki

Of course, there is still something to be said for having an easy way to
upload existing documentation to the workspace.  Part of the
collaboration could then be someone else translating the item into
something we can all see.

Chris