Re: latest Catalog XML

John Caron wrote:

> heres another strawman, incorporating our latest discussions:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/xml/InvCatalog.0.6d.dtd
>
> Recent changes:

    I've used the DTD listed above to create two examples of what
I believe I could return in an XML-based dods-dir response.  The
catalogs represent simple directory representations of dods-accessible
data; level1.xml is a higher-level directory containing only subdirs
and level2.xml is one of the subdirs containing the dods-accessible
datafiles.

    Both of these files validate, I get some warnings but mostly
due to style issues, there are no errors.   These examples represent
the minimum information that I could provide, there are ways I
could augment this service to provide some of the additional fields
represented in the DTD but this example is meant to illustrate a
minimum set.

    Points to note:

1: I'd need to provide 2 service elements, one for
type = DODS, and one for type = Other, where Other represents
the dods-dir service.   In many cases there will be both datafiles
and subdirectories in a file system.   Do I need to have two
service elements?   If so, in the 'Level2.xml' example how do
I indicate which service to use without adding an explicit
access element for each dataset element?

2:  I use 'collection' as a simple filesystem collection, there
may not be any meaningful relation between the files contained
in the directory other than they're accessible via the DODS DAP.

3:  Am I using 'catalogRef' correctly?  The intention is to
indicate another collection level that should only be traversed
at the user's request.

   Dan