[SuomiNet] Action needed: LDM server for the Suominet PWV products changing

We are going to decommission the CPU that currently is the LDM/IDD host for
Suominet products.

UNIDATA has agreed to host the PWV data on idd.unidata.ucar.edu

If you get suominet PWV data via the LDM service of the netcdf files you
will need to change your ldmd.conf files to REQUEST from the
idd.unidata.ucar.edu   server  file naming conventions and data type of GPS
should remain the same.   If you have a data type of ANY you will probably
want to change that if you only want the Suominet PWV estimates and not the
full set of data that UNIDATA makes available via the LDM/IDD service.

You may need to contact Jeff Weber at UNIDATA with the name of your ldm
server to be added to the idd  config files as ALLOWED to request data if
you do not pull another product from the idd server.

We will keep suomildm1 up for a couple of weeks as we transition.

If you are fetching data via the Suominet website,
https://www.suominet.ucar.edu you will see no change.

Best Regards,
Teresa and the Suominet team
  • Search the suominet archives: