Re: [SuomiNet] The suominet web site has been restored

  • To: Austin Jamison - NOAA Federal <austin.jamison@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [SuomiNet] The suominet web site has been restored
  • From: Teresa Vanhove <vanhove@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 12:35:43 -0600
There are a lot of stations still on the map that have been decommissioned
and some others are sporadic in availability.    The weekly time series
plots have been restored, but it appears I missed the 2-day plots that go
with hourly solutions.    The network solutions  in both netcdf and ascii
should be getting put on the web site as created and I filled in the
missing weeks from the website outage.

I also added a few new stations in AZ to replace sites that were no longer
active.

Teresa

On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Austin Jamison - NOAA Federal <
austin.jamison@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for your efforts!  I have a couple of follow up questions...
>
> - For the stations that appear to have current data (on the map page), the
> time series plot only goes to mid June (for stations in Arizona and Sonora
> MX).  Is this data still being backfilled?
>
> - I noticed a lot of stations without current data (showing "-9.9").  Is
> there a process underway that is reestablishing the dataflow for these?
>
> Austin
>
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 8:20 PM, Teresa Vanhove <vanhove@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Thanks to great work by our COSMIC Sys Admin Matt, and web guru Maggie
>> the suominet web server has been restored on a VM host.
>>
>> The new machine will resolve to the www.suominet.ucar.edu or
>> www.cosmic.ucar.edu/suominet links as before.
>>
>> The maps and time series image links may not be correct yet but the data
>> archive area should be filled in for the missing weeks and being updated
>> with new PWV solutions as they are created.
>>
>> Please advise if you have issues reaching the site or fetching data files.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Teresa and the Suominet team
>>

> --
> Austin Jamison
> Meteorologist - Forecaster
> Spotter Program and Societal Impacts Focal Point
> National Weather Service - Phoenix
>

>   <https://www.facebook.com/NWSPhoenix>
> <https://www.twitter.com/NWSPhoenix>
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/NWSPhoenix>