Subject:        [unav-data] Outage for PBO Data August 4-6
Date:   Mon, 1 Aug 2011 18:04:05 -0600
From:   unav-data@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:     unav-data@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Temporary Outage for PBO data August 4-6

This is to notify you that beginning Thursday, August 4 at 1500 UTC we will be upgrading the PBO Operational Database (POD) to a new version of the Postgres database management system. The process will impact data flow to the UNAVCO archive. All PBO data will be held during the approximately 30 hours that the upgrade will require.

We expect most or all data archiving to be caught up by Saturday, August 6 at 0800 UTC.

We are planning to keep the PBO Web site running but it will be redirected to a backup database that will present data that is current only as of the beginning of the database upgrade and will not be updated until the upgrade is completed.

If the outage will last significantly longer than projected an update message will be sent.

If you have questions or concerns please let me know.

*/Lee Snett/*
Software Engineering Manager
Plate Boundary Observatory
UNAVCO, Inc.