Re: [python-users] metpy.calc.frontogenesis example ?

  • To: Ken Harris <kjh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [python-users] metpy.calc.frontogenesis example ?
  • From: Ryan May <rmay@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 16:42:07 -0600
Ken,

Unfortunately, it looks like that one has been overlooked when putting
together MetPy's example and the python gallery. The best I can offer for
an example of using the function right now is the unit test for
frontogenesis:

https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/blob/master/metpy/calc/tests/test_kinematics.py#L157

You're welcome to open an issue for MetPy or the Python gallery requesting
an example so we don't forget to add one:

https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/issues/new
https://github.com/Unidata/python-gallery/issues/new

Or even better, when you get it working with your data, we'd love a
contribution of an example!

https://unidata.github.io/MetPy/latest/CONTRIBUTING.html

Ryan