[python-users] Timeline for dropping support for Python 2.7

Hi,

The Unidata Python team is looking at the timeline for dropping Python 2.7
support. The current plan is to drop support for 2.7 in the Fall of 2019.
This implies that releases of MetPy and Siphon after this point will
support only Python 3; the previous releases (Spring or Summer 2019) will
be the last to support Python 2.7. This is in-line with other projects we
rely upon in the Python ecosystem that:

1. have already or will soon start making Python 3-only releases
2. will entirely cease supporting older releases for Python 2.7 on 1
January 2020

For more information, please see:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/developer/en/entry/timeline-for-dropping-support-for

We welcome feedback here or on the relevant issues for the projects:

https://github.com/Unidata/MetPy/issues/801
https://github.com/Unidata/siphon/issues/214

Ryan

--