[python-users] NEXRAD level 2 access question

Hello,
I have been creating a jupyter notebook to show how to access NEXRAD level 2
radar data using opendap accesss. I was wondering is if there is code available
that i can use to be able to display a 2D map based on the variable I choose.
The level 3 cdmr access example seems to be too different to use to level 2
data. For opendap access on the thredds site I take the data url and do ncview
in my terminal but how can I do something like that in my notebook. As of right
now the !ncdump command isn’t working and giving me the error *** ncdump:
ncopen failed on [the url i used].
For a while i couldn’t use import Dataset from netCDF4 but created a new
environment with only the necessary packages and that seemed to do the trick.
Is there also some kind of code where it can output me a data url and then i
can do something like ncview interactively right in the notebook? If i can
display a map for each inputted a variable then my notebook is complete! Hope
someone can help and thanks again.
Sincerely,
Adam Lampl
  • Search the python-users archives: