[python-users] [ANNOUNCE] Apache Open Climate Workbench Release 1.1.0

Hi All,
!! Apologies for cross posting !!

The Apache Open Climate Workbench (OCW) team are happy to announce release
of OCW 1.1.!

What is it?
Apache Open Climate Workbench is an effort to develop software that
performs climate model evaluation using model outputs from a variety of
different sources the Earth System Grid Federation <http://esgf.llnl.gov/>,
the Coordinated Regional Climate Downscaling Experiment
<http://www.cordex.org>, the U.S. National Climate Assessment
<http://nca2014.globalchange.gov/> and the North American Regional Climate
Change Assessment Program <http://www.narccap.ucar.edu/> and
temporal/spatial scales with remote sensing data from NASA
<http://www.nasa.gov>, NOAA <http://www.noaa.gov/> and other agencies. The
toolkit includes capabilities for rebinning, metrics computation and
visualization.

What's in this release?
This release addresses a whopping 140 issues, bugs, and improvements. For a
full breakdown of the work packaged into this release please see the release
report <https://s.apache.org/110report>. In particular, OCW packaging has
been improved significantly. Users can now use OCW via our Conda Package
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLIMATE/Installing+OCW+using+the+conda+package+manager>.
we also provide a Pypi package <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ocw/1.1.0> for
those using PIP.
For a source release please see our downloads page at - Download
<http://climate.apache.org/downloads.html>

We urge all users to upgrade to this version immediately. Please let us
know how you are using OCW over on the community mailing lists
<http://climate.apache.org/community/mailing-lists.html>.

Finally, please see our 1.2.0 Roadmap <https://s.apache.org/YaPh> for an
idea of the next line of development.

Thanks you

Lewis

(On behalf of the Apache OCW Project Management Committee)
  • Search the python-users archives: